We take the matter of our customers' personal information and details extremely seriously. This document is intended to explain how we use and protect the information supplied by you when you use this website.
All information that we collect about you will be used lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Oswaldtwistle Mills Linens may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date at all times. Should you become aware that any information held by us is inaccurate please contact us by post or email to Inform us of the inaccuracy. When we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What We Collect
- Name, address and job title
- Contact information including telephone number and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, type of business and number of letting properties/rooms
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How We Use Your Data
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties) for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for
- To help us identify you when you contact us
- For general administration purposes
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering
- To help us recover debts
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- Our carefully chosen business partners who perform services on our behalf such as credit card processors and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- In relation to existing or future legal proceedings
- In the process of selling our business or integrating with another business your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisors, and would be passed on to the new owners of the business
Using Your Data to Communicate With You
We may periodically send promotional brochures and emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the information which you have provided.
We undertake not to provide you with any communication that you do not require. If you don't wish to receive communication by any of the following methods; post, fax, telephone and e-mail, please inform us of your preference to opt-out of these services.
Oswaldtwistle Mills Linens are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, to give you the utmost protection and total peace of mind at all times. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We try and keep our website secure. However you recognise that when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Use of "Cookies" on Our Website
A "cookie" is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come from, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests
- To compile anonymous aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Some of our web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
You are responsible for informing us of any changes in your details such as change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. We will charge you a small fee for this.You may contact us at the address below for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for Training purposes.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|